Interested in Applying?
KU-CHC/SEK Rural Family Medicine Residency, ACGME ID # 1201900001
Thank you for your interest in the KU-CHC/SEK Rural Family Medicine Residency. Please review the basic requirements before beginning the application process.
- Completion of USMLE Step 1 for COMLEX part 1) with a passing score prior to application.
- Completion of USMLE Sept 2 CK for COMLEX 2) with passing scores preferable prior to application. Passing scores must be documented in ERAS prior to the programs match list submission date.
- Must pass each exam (USMLE Step1, Step 2, CK or COMLEX 1 and 2) on the first or second attempt, preferably on the first attempt.
- Graduate from an LCME or AOA accredited medical school within 3 years.
- Be a permanent resident or citizen or able to obtain a J1Visa through ECFMG
- KU-CHC/SEK Rural Family Medicine Residency is unable to sponsor H1B Visas.
- Obtain valid ECFMG Certificate for International Medical Graduates.
- Able to obtain a Kansas medical license. See the Kansas State Board of Healing Arts website for details.
- Able to begin work on July 1st.
Application accepted exclusively through the ERAS system. Applications are accepted through December 1st.
ERAS application must be complete to be considered, including:
- Personal statement
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Dean’s letter
Interviews and site visits
We will be hosting virtual interviews in the 2022-2023 interview season. We will review ERAS applications and send out interview invitations beginning October 12th, with interviews being held on January 10th, 17th, 24th and 31st. Qualified applicants will be invited to interview with our faculty and residents as well as take a virtual tour of KUMC, Ascension Via Christi, and the CHC/SEK Clinic. There will be opportunities to socialize with the residents in a “Meet & Greet” the evening before the interviews. Options for an on-site visit being feasible are under consideration.
We recognize that the residency application process is critical to your career. Connection with the right applicants for our program is also important to us. If there is anything that we can do improve the application process for you or your family, do not hesitate to contact us.